History of St. Bonifacius Real Estate
The City of St. Bonifacius made its mark as a stop along the Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The railroad helped St. Bonifacius quickly grow into a prosperous city, out-sizing the nieghboring cities of Mound, Waconia and Excelsior. In those early 1900s, Main Street was home to all the modern amenities of the time including a creamery, cannery, library, which is still heavily used, and public school. Today, the City of St Bonifacius has perfected the balanced of urban and rural living while preserving its heritage of the early 1900s.
St. Bonifacius Real Estate: Thins To Do
Residents enjoy beautifully maintained parks and expansive playing fields. Bikers, hikers and joggers easily access the Dakota Regional Trail that runs through St. Bonifacius. This beautifully scenic, paved trail, once part of the Great Northern Railroad, leads to downtown Wayzata. One of a kind shopping and dining can be found in the quaint downtown district. The preservation of the parks and activity systems are in part due to the donated time and monies of the dedicated community volunteer organizations.
From the St Boni Saints, the local ball club established in the early 1900s, to the Lions Club, which has been in organization for forty years, and the American Legion, St. Bonifacius thrives with community pride and small town atmosphere.