This season on Lake Minnetonka, let the beauty of fall inspire you. Honor this time of year by recreating nature’s grandeur at a table for family and friends. Use the guide below and your resources in the surrounding Lake Minnetonka communities to help you form your fall table.
1. Color. Let nature be your guide here. Look around, take note of what inspires you and choose colors that appeal to you. Warm golds and creams, fall leaf orange and bright sky blue inspired us.
2. Use natural elements. Take advantage of fall’s gifts; flowers, tree branches, leaves, apples and pumpkins are just some of your choices. We were motivated by a low antique candy dish to hold orange mums.
3. Function. Well-appointed table decor is the product of balancing the attractive with the useful.
4. Style personalized. Simple or sophisticated, stay true to what captivates you. The one hard rule with creating your table is that if it is something you are comfortable with, your guests will be too. Even though the boat is pulled, we believe in nautical inspiration throughout the year. We loved the gold ‘roping” on these vintage metal plates.
5. Inspiration. If you need a finishing touch, or a perfect piece, fortunately, the Lake Minnetonka community is full of fabulous resources for your home. Take advantage of one of the many lake area retailers to find what you’re looking for. We couldn't be happier with the anchor wall sconce, a true find at a local antique dealer.
Photos by: CJ